ss_blog_claim=4375a24a387c83f4eed499d80865d1d1

Life's Journey - Search here...

Custom Search

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Metabolism Myths Debunked

Facts about Metabolism

Honestly speaking, I don't really bother about how my metabolism works. What I am always concerned about is, if I eat small meals every now & then I feel I do get fat...hehehehe... I know this sounds stupid, but let's get real here, do you feel the same way too as me? For me, for as long as I don't eat much and more often, I am safe. Until I have come to read this article... wow, enjoy reading....

Myth 1:
Thin people have faster metabolism. Actually, a heavier person uses more kilojoules than someone slimmer because of the extra effort it takes to move more kilograms.

Myth 2: Cardio workouts are the best way to increase your metabolic rate. While 30 minutes of running will torch more kilojoules than 30 minutes of weight training, the latter keeps your metabolism is high gear for longer. Research shows that the more muscle you have, the higher your resting metabolism is - so you'll burn more kilojoules, even when you're sitting still.

Myth 3: You get fatter as you get older. Although it's true that metabolism slows with age, the natural change is small - about four percent per decade if you exercise. The main reason women gain weight as they age is that they become less active and lose muscle mass.

Well, ladies it's about time for us to make a move especially that we are not getting any younger anymore...hehehe
Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

0 comments:

[Valid RSS] Click now for eBay!